Program in Berlin in brief
Many formats and actors
The complexity of Modernism , expressed in a multitude of approaches, forms and ambivalences, is mirrored by an equally broad spectrum of interpretations and formats. This is matched by the fact that the Berlin program is put together by 25 partners of the most diverse types and sizes. This grassroots character of the Berlin program guarantees a multifaceted mediation and is suitable as a bracket to address currently relevant issues of urban development, diversity, and the social and political participation of civil society.
Opening-Event (2 days)
- Guided tours of the Czech Embassy
- Contributions from the Triennial core cities Berlin, Dessau Weimar
- Impulses from six other German World Heritage sites of the Modernism
- Impulses from cities of the Modernism in Central Europe
- Picture lecture event "Pecha Kucha of the Modernism" (approx. 20 parts)
- Presentation of the current Berlin World Heritage proposal
- Thematic Focus "Modernism in Ukraine
- Internal network meetings (not open to the public, mornings)
- Exhibition "Starship Enterprise - 50 Years of the Czech Embassy
- Exhibition "Lucia Moholy - The image of Modernism"
- Exhibition "Modernism in Ukraine" (5 parts)
- Exhibition "Life in the monument" (2 parts)
- Exhibition "Allies in Berlin - the Architectural Heritage"
- Exhibition "Architectural Photography with Schnepp Renou
- Exhibition "L' Ésprit Nouveau
- Exhibition "World Heritage-Estates 6+1"
- Exhibition "Urban Networks of Modernism in Gdynia/Poland"
- Exhibition "Light, Air, Viruses
- Exhibition "Infostation Hufeisensiedlung
Tours and visits
- Czech Embassy / Czech Centre Berlin
- Bauhaus Archive / Museum of Design: the bauhaus view
- Mies van der Rohe House (Villa Lemke)
- AGDB Federal School Bernau
- Waldsiedlung Zehlendorf (Uncle Tom's Cabin)
- Garden City Falkenberg
- Horseshoe settlement
- Horseshoe settlement + Tautes Heim
- Kolbe's neighborhood" bike tour
- Postwar Modernism" Bike Tour
- Hansa Quarter + Corbusier House
- Cultural Forum
- Congress Hall (Pregnant Oyster)
- Malt Factory
- Various exhibition tours (see above)
Workshops, performances, installations and media
- Hybrid Habitats Workshop
- Workshops "bauhaus yoga
- Workshops "Malzfabrik Building Monument
- Performance "The Fabric of Modernism"
- Cinema film "Schocken - a German life"
- Installation "Blind Spots of Late Modernism".
- Video series "ConTexts of the Modernism"
- Civic participation and workshops
(e.g. Hansaviertel, Karl-Marx-Allee, Onkel-Toms-Hütte)
Symposia and discussions
- Discussion "Women in Architecture
- Event series "Time travel into the micro-worlds of Modernism"
- Colloquium on the World Heritage Proposal "Berlin East-West-East
- Symposium on the work of Jewish women architectsfrom Central and Eastern Europe
- Conference "Modernism complex - Complex housing construction from social to climate-neutral".
- Book Presentation "Architectural Exports of the GDR
- Symposium on Post-War German-Chinese Relations in East and West.
- Symposium "Contributions of Jewish Women Architects from Central and Eastern Europe"
Discussion event "Young, but a Monument
The Berlin program is largely provided by partners without institutional funding. Large parts of these program contributions are funded by LOTTO-Stiftung Berlin as part of a shortfall in funding, supplemented in part by third-party and own funds.
Note: All information without guarantee. A more detailed overview with venues,
dates and registration options can be found at Berlin Program 2022
and shortly also on subpages of individual program items mentioned above.